Thursday, February 10, 2011

Daydreaming

This week I have been so distracted. The weather is finally starting to become more mild and all I can think about are times to come, which makes it difficult to live in the present moment. I did a 30 minute loving kindness guided meditation tonight and I'm pretty sure I wasn't even listening to half of it. No matter what I did, I continued to drift off into other thoughts of plans for tomorrow, summer, my trip to Vietnam in the fall... ridiculous.

In spite of all the distraction, 30 minutes sitting in the quiet is still pleasant and I did have a few brief moments of the presentness to enjoy. Another nice thing is that all my thoughts were very positive. They were a bit on the fantastical side which I'm trying to avoid in both the positive and the negative direction because it interferes with being the moment and tends to focus on things beyond one's control.

Highs:
- I'm aware of my distracted thoughts/tendencies and able to examine them in a healthy way
- My dog is real cute

Laters!

1 comment:

  1. had my wisdom tooth pulled last night. kind of interfered with the whole meditation thing.

    ReplyDelete